Re: changing subjects when discussion becomes slightly off-topic - Was: Re: ssl security desaster (was: Re: SSH keys: DSA vs RSA)

Le 16 mai 08 à 15:04, Olivier Berger a écrit :

Le vendredi 16 mai 2008 à 14:48 +0200, Thibaut Paumard a écrit :

Let's hope this discussion will, in the end, bring good ideas and
trigger actual work to improve Debian, and perhaps the free software
community at large.

Best regards, Thibaut.

That'd be great.

But please, may I suggest that only matters applying to keys, SSH, SSL
be kep in the same Subject in the thread for future archives digging ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

the topic has already been changed to "ssl security desaster", and in my opinion this is precisely what my post is about: what can we learn from this disaster. (More precisely, I'm giving my 2c on what level of patching is acceptable in a Debian package. Since the disaster allegedly originates in "abusive" patching, this is relevant).

If you want to discuss keys, may I suggest you post in the original thread, "SSH keys: DSA vs RSA", or fork again from there if you have something more general in mind?

Best regards, Thibaut.