package for configuration - Some suggestions

Hello

I would like just to have some suggestions...

I have to change the authentification configuration of debian computers (lot of computers) at work...! In SARGE

the users will be authenticated on ldap so i need install some package : libpam-ldap, libnss-ldap, ldap-utils, nss-updatedb, libnss-db, libpam-ccreds. Il need change configuration : /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/ldap.conf, /etc/libnss-ldap.conf and pam-ldap.conf , pam.d/common*
Create a cron task : "nss-updatedb ldap"
Add some options in resolv.conf

I have thought about create a package with dependencies and postinstall script to change configuration!!!
I can't create configuration file and add them in the package, can I?

Is it a good think? Have you any suggestion?

Thank you

Anthony