Re: Re: Will nvidia-graphics-drivers ever transition to testing?

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:38:29PM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> [Moved from debian-release to debian-devel]
> > WHY ON EARTH should we intentionally require that packages install
> successfully with known unmet dependencies which will cause failure
> at runtime?

Well nvidia-kernel should soon be built from linux-modules-nonfree-2.6,
so perhaps that will ensure that a complete set of modules are in
unstable so that everything can move to testing together.
The set of modules can already be updated if someone has the time and experience needed to update nvidia-graphics-modules-i386 and company. Merging nvidia-graphics-modules-i386 with linux-modules-nonfree-2.6 would only complicate or delay more testing transition of nvidia LKM packages, like for any LKM.