Re: Re: Will nvidia-graphics-drivers ever transition to testing?

On Sat May 10 2008 12:14:22 Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:09:52 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> > >
> > > It shouldn't.
> >
> > Are you saying the dependent package should install successfully
> > and then fail at runtime?  If not, what are you saying?
>
> I'm saying that, and I'm also saying that this is utterly off-topic on
> this list.

[Moved from debian-release to debian-devel]

WHY ON EARTH should we intentionally require that packages install
successfully with known unmet dependencies which will cause failure
at runtime?

--Mike Bird
We shouldn't. I'm sorry if your question was specifically for Julien, that wasn't clear.