Re: I hereby resign as secretary

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 08:44:11AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         As to the people who emailed me that they are putting together a
>  petition for the DAM to have me removed from the project, I hear you
>  too. I am going to spend the next few days evaluating how important the
>  project is to me, and whether I should save you the bother or an
>  expulsion process.

Hi Manoj,

I'm not going to argue on your decision to resign as secretary, because I
understand how hard it must have been to go through all this pressure just
to do what is, in your judgement, your obligation in this position [1].

OTOH, triing to have you removed from the project looks a lot like a purely
emotional response, which IMO cannot be justified even if we take as granted
that you acted irresponsibly as secretary (which, btw, I don't).

Because this response is completely unjustified, I'd like to ask that you
don't vindicate them as you suggest you would.  Please force them to go
through it themselves.  Force them to provide non-sense arguments to the
DAM, and to make up silly excuses for everyone to read.  In the end, they'll
make fools of themselves no matter if they succeed or not, and I believe
it's what they deserve.  Let them make their own karma.

[1] For those who believe that I'm an uncompromising zealot (you guys know who
    you are ;-) ), notice that I vocally disagreed with Manoj's decision not to
    split the votes in separate ballots.  This doesn't change anything I said
    in this mail, nor make me feel that his decisions as secretary are somehow
    illegitimate.

--
Robert Millan