Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Le Tuesday 16 December 2008 00:29:21 Didier Raboud, vous avez écrit :
> > You can't get both recent *and* stabilized software. For a solid release
> > to be done, one needs to hold new improvements for a while.
>
> Yes. But there is a bunch of non-DD people that strongly want to use Debian
> and prefer the recent software over the stabilized one. With the new
> laptops coming out every two weeks, having the latest kernel, Xorg or hal
> is no caprice, it's needed…

That is what I mean by comfort. We can't get everyone happy, and these days
we're focused on getting the folks that use the stable distribution happy.

Besides, most of these geek users should be likely to be able to sort out
these issues themselves, not the opposite.

Romain