Re: Packages still depending on GTK+ 1.2

On 05/12/2008, at 21.11, Barry deFreese wrote:

Is this really feasible? How many people are going to work on dead packages? Or if we RM: the lot of them, how many users are we pissing off?

There are several useful science programs that still make use of GTK+ 1.2, one is a very useful chemistry program, GAMGI, which is in the new queue and on its way into unstable. The other is coot, a widespread application for macromolecular crystallography.

Please don't remove GTK+ 1.2. There are still upstream authors, especially in science who use GTK+ 1.2 and who don't bother revising their programs from the wisdom: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Cheers,
Morten