Re: NEW processing

> By what process will the selection of lintian tags be submitted to the
> project for review and approval prior to implementation as a hard
> reject?

I think that's a pretty good question.  I don't think we need a very
formal process, but as a Lintian maintainer, I'd kind of like people to
sanity check them before we start doing that just so that we don't get
flooded with complaints if we missed something obvious.

Thankfully, it's pretty easy to check in advance whether enabling hard
rejects would affect much of the archive.  There are a bunch of E tags
Lintian produces which occur nowhere in the archive because they're so
serious that they'd be immedate RC bugs if they made it in and we've
cleaned them out.  That would be the place to start.  Lintian can do
things like catch empty packages or packages missing copyright files
without having to write new custom code to do so.

> What is the plan for tracking bugfixes to the lintian checks themselves
> on an ongoing basis?

Joerg usually backports Lintian shortly after each new release.