Re: NEW processing

On 04/12/08 at 09:25 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 03 December 2008 23:46, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Some archs have already problems keeping up
> > [citation needed]
>
> :-)
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-quarter-big.png

That proves that buildds have problems building all packages that they
should build, not that they have a problem keeping up with the load they
receive.

If you add 10 times more buildds, this graph is unlikely to change much.

I've been graphing the number of NeedsBuild packages per arch. Results
are here:
http://blop.info/pub/needsbuild-day.png
http://blop.info/pub/needsbuild-week.png
http://blop.info/pub/needsbuild-month.png
http://blop.info/pub/needsbuild-year.png

As you can see, there are short times where the buildds for one arch
have problem keeping up with the load, but that's often caused by :
- one of the buildds being temporarily unavailable
- one of the buildds building a very big package

What we lack is more redundancy, but that's not new.