Re: NEW processing

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 09:25:43AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 December 2008 23:46, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Some archs have already problems keeping up
> > [citation needed]

> :-)

> http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-quarter-big.png

First, that graph isn't a measure of how the buildds are keeping up.  It
measures what percentage of packages are built on each architecture, which
basically means it's a measure of how well-ported Debian is to those archs
(and/or how well the P-a-s entries are being maintained for those archs).

Second, there isn't actually anything on that graph (or on the graph that
/does/ give a better measure how well the buildds are keeping up,
http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-quarter-big.png) to indicate the archs
are having problems.  There are actually "warning" lines configured for
those graphs, as you can see from
<http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-big.png>; and all archs have been far
enough above the thresholds for the past quarter that the lines themselves
are cut off below the bottom of the graph.

So I don't think we have archs that are struggling to keep up right now,
except during exceptional periods when they have zero buildds on-line.