Re: volunteers wanted for driving/finalizing a DEP on debian/copyright format

On Wed, Dec 03 2008, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:52:39AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

>> Why do you need a separate mailing list for a single proposal?  Please
>> discuss this on debian-devel or debian-project, which are already perfectly
>> adequate lists for this.
> We have struggled enough with the proposal as it is. My fear is that
> discussing it on debian-devel will open it up to "fire-and-forget"
> criticism that lacks context of previous discussions, is poorly
> thought out, results in spiralling threads and contributes little to
> the effort. If there was some dedicated forum for discussing this,
> even if this was simply a DEP mailing list, I think it would encourage
> thoughtful and committed contributions from all involved.

        Then you'll just have to go through another round of discussion
 and debate  before this proposal could be implemented, I
 think. Something as intrusive as this proposal can't be just discussed
 in special purpose mailing lists.

Let's just be friends and make no special effort to ever see each other