Bug#507529: ITP: bauble -- Bauble is a biodiversity collection manager software application
Owner: Giacomo Catenazzi <email@example.com>
* Package name : bauble
Version : 0.8.5
Upstream Author : Brett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://bauble.belizebotanic.org
* License : GPL v2
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Bauble is a biodiversity collection manager software application
Bauble is a software application to help you (yes you) manage a collection of
botanical specimens. It is intended to be used by botanic gardens, herbaria,
arboreta, etc. to manage their collection information. It is a open, free,
cross-platform alternative to BG-Base and similiar software.
- Bauble is designed to be simple, elegant and intuitive.
- Bauble can use different database backends and is tested against SQLite and PostgreSQL.
- Bauble can generate reports through an XSL formatter backend.
- Bauble is transaction safe.
- Bauble can export data in CSV or Access to Biological Collection Data (ABCD)
format. In the future we hope to support other standard formats such as
DarwinCore, ITF2, BioCASE, TAPIR, etc.
- Bauble supports tagging. You can tag any arbitrary data stored in a Bauble
managed database with arbitrary names.
- ....and lots more.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)