Re: what about a unofficial public community repo? (was: Re: qmail and related packages in NEW)

Hi Paul!

You wrote:

> basically the Debian answer to Ubuntu's universe. The main reason I
> started thinking about this was that I got annoyed when QA folks chuck
> orphaned packages (i've changed my mind about this since though).

For completeness sake: QA does not thow out orphanes packages just for
being orphaned.  If they are orphaned, RC-buggy, hardly used, and
alternatives are available, only then they are candidates for removal.

Bast regards,
Bas.

| Bas Zoetekouw      | Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright, |
|--------------------| The bridall of the earth and skie:      |
| bas@zoetekouw.net  | The dew shall weep thy fall tonight;    |
+--------------------|                    For thou must die.   |