Re: /tools removed from mirrors

>> And noone complained when I asked about it in August this year, so now
>> its gone.
> Uh, I wasn't yet subscribed to debian-devel at the time and thus
> wasn't aware of that goal.  It sure is still useful for blind people
> booting from a DOS bootdisk with a screen reader (still so far the only
> accessible "bootloader")

If we really need it for some support I'm happy to put those neccessary
files back. The best way for this would be an upload of a package
(or multiple) including a byhand component for the part to be put into
tools/. Like, for the unzip stuff one of unzip, the gzip part via gzip,
etc. as had been done with loadlin in the past.

>> Loadlin-packager: CCed you, as you want to stop building the byhand
>> component.
> Well loadlin should at least be kept on the installation CDs.  And to my
> knowledge the CD image build system fetches it from ftp mirrors...

tools/ is currently an empty dir (so debian-cd wont fail).

--
bye, Joerg
SUSE = Soll Unix Sein, Eigentlich.