Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

Le vendredi 07 novembre 2008 à 00:48 +0100, Michelle Konzack a écrit :
> ???  --  I am willing  to  do  this!  It  is  EUROPEAN  LAW  which  make
> HARDWARE manufacturer responsable if someone MODIFY Firmware and disturb
> public e.g. GSM networks...

Bullshit. You’ll have a hard time finding a court that will conclude
that the manufacturer is liable instead of the person who has actually
modified and distributed the firmware. Especially if the manufacturer
disclaims clearly any responsibility for modifying it in the
documentation.

> Such sensibel stuff must be protected...

It will NEVER be protected by ideas as stupid as just keeping the source
closed.

--
 .''`.