Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2008-10-29 22:52:52, schrieb Thomas Bushnell BSG:
I am sure, my enterprise is  not  the  only  one  wondering  about  such
requirement to let users modify firmware of sensibel hardware which  CAN
destuct the whole computer since they have to leafe out  some  stuff  to
get it into the small memories...
How is this a reason not to provide source code?

Manufacturerers can be sued...

You get the hell if you for example modify the firmware uf a  GSM  modem
and you disturb the GSM communication...

But most of the firmwares are outside wireless communication.

How many manufacturers was sued because users burn the monitors
(it was very easy) or other hardwares  (e.g. try with hdparam) ?

How many non conforming GSM devices are sold? How many of such devices
are recalled by manufactures?

ciao
	cate