Re: Free OS versus free hw

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org> writes:
>
> >  Of course, producing a Debian including free firmwares would be
> >  superior than producing a Debian which ships non-free firmwares,
> >  but the actual option at hand is producing a Debian without the
> >  firmwares.
>
> Since the Social Contract promises Debian *won't* ship non-free
> things, that's not an option compatible with the promises made by
> the Debian project.

Poorly worded on my part. Try this:

Since the Social Contract promises Debian *won't* contain non-free
things, [shipping non-free firmware in Debian] is not an option
compatible with the promises made by the Debian project.

--
 \         “I call him Governor Bush because that's the only political |
  `\              office he's ever held legally.” —George Carlin, 2008 |