Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> writes:
> Do you claim a PDF file is a binary file, or a program object ? Even
> if PDF was a programming language, as proposed in another anwser, it
> would fall into the script category, where the executed object is
> also the source.

I grant you that it is possible for the upstream to use the PDF file
as the preferred form for modifications (if it's not
packed/encrypted), and if such a case comes up, I think we'll
(grudgingly) accept it. 99.999% of the time the document is in fact
modified in some other format and only distributed as PDF.

> Furthermore, requirement to provide source code is a consequence of the
> requirement to be able to modify the program. Again, if I provide a manual
> for blind people consisting in a wav (or a ogg/vorbis) file, what kind of
> source would you ask for then ?

We will ask for whatever is your preferred form for modifications. It
might be the actual binary in your case.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *