Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ‘lenny-ignore’?

Le lundi 20 octobre 2008 à 16:34 +0200, Robert Millan a écrit :
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 04:21:24PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > What if, instead of ranting everywhere, you actually contributed code to
> > fix these bugs?
>
> I did...

And you deserve kudos for that.

But still, it is unrealistic to ask, so late in the release process,
to introduce several thousand-lines patches in the kernel, even if they
finally exist (and AFAIK there are not patches for all these bugs).

You cannot say either that you were ignoring the situation until now. It
should have been obvious that, given how they evolved, these bugs would
be ignored for lenny. It is unfortunate, but people have focused on
fixing other kinds of bugs.

> > I don’t recall the release team being reluctant to letting bug fixes
> > (especially serious ones) migrate to lenny.
>
> ...but you missed the point.  They're not wishlist bugs.  If they were, I
> wouldn't care much about them.

They are serious bugs. And if we waited to have zero serious bugs before
releasing, we’d never release. That’s why lenny-ignore tags are here.

The release team is not trying to lower standards, but simply to
mitigate between the issues and obtain the best compromise.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.