/usr/doc is finished!

Isn't it amazing that I got this mail on my Birthday?

Now, if he would only use a proper MUA ;)

----- Forwarded message from Debian Bug Tracking System <owner@bugs.debian.org> -----

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:45:49 +0200
From: Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To: 322762-done@bugs.debian.org
Subject: happy birthday! /usr/doc is finally gone

Hi,

In 1999, Debian began moving /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc to comply with
the FHS.

In 2005 Joey Hess picked up the leftovers from this task, which in turn where
picked up by Amaya in 2006. Today I have the honor and fun to close this
blocker bug, which was used to track this transition and to wish Amaya the
very best and much more for her birthday :-) I love you! Mucho!

Have a great day and many many more happy days to come! :-)

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: there is a lintian check in place to prevent /usr/doc issues to come
back:
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/postinst-should-not-set-usr-doc-link.html -
the last remaining package has been fixed in unstable and is awaiting either
migration or removal to/from testing.

I don't bother about
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/readme-debian-mentions-usr-doc.html though I
think that still speaking about /usr/doc is a sure sign of being behind the
times... Policy is your friend. Trust the Policy. Love the Policy. Obey the
Policy.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
  ·''`.  It's never too late to have a happy childhood
 : :' :