Re: 1 of 400 dpkg databases corrupt?

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 02:07:48 +0200
Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> - Another possibility might be a group of people having popcon and
>   something like cron-apt installed at the same time; if both cronjobs
>   trigger at approximately the same time, that would greatly increase
>   the chance that popcon is indeed trying to read the dpkg database at
>   the time when cron-apt is rewriting it.

Oh yes, another cron job for dpkg/apt: apt-cacher or apt-cacher-ng
which does a daily download of package lists and checks for expired
packages in the cache.

So I think Wouter is right and there are more packages that do
automatic package list updates than one might think at first.

And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore
GnuPG Key Fingerprint 86 F5 81 A5 D4 2E 1F 1C      http://gnupg.org
The C Shore: http://www.wightman.ca/~cshore