Re: newer sub package zaps main package instead of waiting

AP> apt-get dist-upgrade is not meant to be run on a daily basis on sid, but
AP> only as needed and for when you actually look at the output to make sure
AP> it doesn't remove something you actually want. Second of all, "real men"
AP> use aptitude, which handles these kinds of dependencies in a smarter way.

I used to use aptitude, and even dselect,  but I found one needed to
use their full screen modes to use them to their full extent, which
was too exciting for me, so retreated to the simpler apt-get
dselect-upgrade to stay on top of things, much better than plain
apt-get upgrade.