Re: Xen status in lenny?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Xen status in lenny?
- From: André Luís Lopes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:13:15 -0300
- Message-id: <[🔎] 48AED78B.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20080717224521.GA3835@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org>
- References: <20080710195325.GA13135@xanadu.blop.info> <20080715140210.GA19255@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080717143428.GS3771@edu.joroinen.fi> <20080717224521.GA3835@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Bastian Blank escreveu:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:34:28PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> That SLES forward-port for 2.6.26 is not acceptable based on Debian kernel
>> patch policy: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernelPatchAcceptanceGuidelines
> Which is only the case for the main images. We have support for
> additional feature sets, which have less strict rules.
Does anyone have an updated status on this issue ? I have been
watching  almost daily and it seems that it's only 2.6.25 until now.
Does someone have a better contact with Novell/SuSE guys which are
doing the forward port work ? One can read at  that SLES 11 beta
testing will be open starting from September and will last till
February, so it may be that SLES could even change to a later kernel and
not use 2.6.26 at all (I have no detailed information about it and no
one told me that, it's just a possibility given that SLES 11 beta
testing will last till February next).
André Luís Lopes
Public GPG KeyID : 9D1B82F6
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----