Re: issues with aptitude dist-upgrade from etch to lenny
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:12:03PM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:40:15PM +0200, Henning Glawe wrote:
> > the maintainer-script errors were perl-related: the interpreter could not
> > find modules (all from perl-base) in @INC.
> > further investigation showed that perl-base was still installed in the
> > etch-version, while perl itself was from lenny (and of course, the lenny
> > version was not finding its own versioned modules from perl-base).
> Thanks for the report. Do you have any logs left? At least
> /var/log/dpkg.log and /var/log/aptitude.log would be interesting. Please
> file a bug against the perl package with those, and preferably some of
> the error messages you got of course.
problem is that I did this on the console without any logging facilities...
luckyly, I have a system backup from yesterday; I could put this into a
chroot and repeat the whole procedure in a chroot environmen (packages are
already here in my apt-proxy).
I can use 'screen' with logging, so.
> I haven't seen this kind of breakage myself in test upgrades, and the
> issues reported so far have been related to the "Locale::Gettext problem"
> (#488300 et al.)
I did not see Locale::Gettext / missing locales here, because I also know of
this issue and used LC_ALL=C in the rootshell used to do the dist-upgrade
(normally, I use a "en_US.UTF-8" locale).
> BTW, I think there must be something wrong with your description:
> /usr/bin/perl is in perl-base, and it certainly should find the modules
> in perl-base itself...
you are right... sorry for the sloppy research :S... think it must have been
the perl-base<->perl-modules version mismatch. I'll try to reproduce this