Re: feature: to add explanations of recommendations and suggestions dependencies

<dato@net.com.org.es> was heard to say:
> > * Shachar Or [Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:36:35 +0300]:
> > > I am not suggesting this data will be put in with the package's
> > > description,
> >
> > Why not? I think (briefly) explaining some of the most relevant
> > recommends and suggests is a perfect use of the description space. And
> > if more verbosity is needed, that information should go into the
> > README.Debian file in my opinion.
>
>   The thing is that the Description field is not machine-parseable.
> If aptitude, for instance, knew about the purpose of a Recommends,
> it could indicate this to the user at convenient places in the UI
> where the Description might not be visible (and without requiring
> the user to hunt for the recommendation in the Description).

So there's some positive response. Where is a good place to pursue this
further? Is this a debian policy change? /me is no DD, nor DM, nor D*; only a
user (with good intentions and occasionally an idea).

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/