Re: Packages getting marked not-for-us

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 04:06:50PM -0400, Roberto C. S?nchez wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 09:57:49PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> > I would rather have maintainers spend time improving their packages
> > instead of wasting it trying to figure out why some architecture
> > fail/refuses to build their package.

> In some (many?) cases that leads to direct improvement of the package.
> I have had a package quit building on a particular architecture and it
> ended revealing itself as a problem with something in the build system

All of which would go a lot better if the maintainer were told about
whatever issue caused the buildd to be configured not to build the
package rather than having to discover that this has happened and
infer the reasoning for the decision.

Also note that this discussion is about the buildds being configured to
not even try compiling a package, not about build failures encountered
on the buildds.