Re: Packages getting marked not-for-us

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a pretty bad idea to NFU software that can be compiled on an architecture even if it doesn't seem that useful. I have the X11 libraries on my NSLU2, which lacks any graphical output, but I use it as an X11 server.

That being said, I can see the point from the s390 build admins; as a m68k porter, I don't think we need to spend the time compiling fight sims and such for an architecture that has no where close to the processing power to run it, and thus I can see why NFUing useless packages can help save wear and tear on the s390 buildds.
Michael
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 12:21:52PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> This seems to happen to me most often on the s390 build daemon, and has
> happened with at least 3 to 5 different packages now.  (Current example
> is hpodder).  In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it happen elsewhere.

> It seems to happen when build-deps don't get satisfied, or where there
> is some problem installing the build-deps.

This is quite common with the s390 buildd - it tends to happen when it
appears that the package may not be useful on s390 (eg, due to apparing
to require hardware not available on s390), apparently based on the
package description.