Re: edos, mancoosi - Was: Re: trying to overwrite ..., which is also in package ...

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 12:01:46PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> I think it's the purpose of what's coming out of the mancoosi project
> (http://www.mancoosi.org/) which follows edos, IIRC.

Indeed, more generally all the aspect of package upgrades are in the
scope of Mancoosi, while EDOS was more about the distribution side
focusing, among other things, on avoiding broken packages in package
repositories.

> More details for instance in : http://www.mancoosi.org/deliverables/,
> or (in french) in :
> http://www.systematic-paris-region.org/fr/UserFiles/File/GT%20LL/EdosToMancoosi.pdf

I do have an English version of (a slightly modified version of) that
talk, delivered at the University of Lugano a few weeks ago.  If people
are interested I can make it available, just mail me privately if you
are.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the