Re: Screenshots of GUI applications (again)

Paul Wise wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>  (I can program that if needed. The only problem is probably
>>  authenticating the maintainer. Maybe a simple email interface
>>  checking PGP signatures will do. Needs further brainstorming.)
>
> This is something that non-developers can easily help with (like
> debtags) and possibly get excited over, so it would be great if users
> could easily contribute. I'd suggest an accept-by-default model with
> the website doing size/etc checks and people watching uploads for
> spam/etc.

What about using a phishtank-like system?; one user uploads, and a couple of
other users agree that it is ok (or a DD or DM signs the output of md5sum
file.png and sends it to the server to immediately accept it).

IMHO it is a nice and scalable system.

Cheers,
Raphael