Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

Steve Langasek wrote:
And even if LP accepted other openid providers, one would still have to log
in to LP the first time in order to configure which openid provider to use,
which I guess is still going to be more effort than some are interested in
doing. :)
It would certainly address the issues I regularly face with being forced to register with XYZ different websites:

   * Have I registered here before?
   * What is my username?
   * What is my password?
   * Ok, I can't work that out. What email address did I give this
     site? Does it still work?
   * What sites have I registered on?

The big problem with openid is not many websites I use regularly support it (yet). I was surprised to notice recently sourceforge is one of them. If LP supported it that would certainly be good IMHO.

Brian May