Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

> What's the correct way to get it out of Unbuntu (universe)?

I'd suggest filing a bug, and perhaps advertise it on the relevant
developer mailing lists.

> I don't want to relicense it, but if asking politely does not work, it
> seems to be my only choice.

Relicensing would most probably make the package end up in multiverse
instead of univserse. In any case it would end up much confusion and
very litte benefit for all involved parties.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4