Re: Debian release versioning

Franklin PIAT <fpiat@bigfoot.com> writes:

> The idea to bump the integer part for each release looks like a good
> idea (which would be consistent with our recent releases numbering,
> except sarge).

Note that *all* the numeric parts of the version number are integers.
That they are separated by a period doesn't make it a single number;
it makes it a sequence of integers separated by periods.

--
 \     “Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as |
  `\            society is free to use the results.” —Richard Stallman |