Re: Kernel 2.6.25 broke iPod support for me, but who to bug?

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 02:19:58AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> Hi.
>
> While testing some updates to my gtkpod/libgpod packages I noticed that
> I couldn't actually play any songs anymore from my iPod. Which worked
> fine some weeks ago.
>
> I traced the error back to a change in kernel 2.6.25: Apparently vfat
> file system can now become case sensitive in some cases
> ("FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems,
> filesystem will be case sensitive!")

Are you sure this is a kernel change and not just a change in your
kernel config?  I brought up what seems to be the same (or at least
closely related) problem 4 years ago on lkml[0].

[0] - http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/4/5/209
--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>