Re: gnome, kde, xfce use non-policy main menu

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:43:59 +0700
Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> wrote:

> Twas brillig at 18:52:35 06.07.2008 UTC-04 when cshore@fionavar.ca
> did gyre and gimble:
>
>  >> fd.o menus are designed to allow distro-specific policy. It's the
>  >> matter of Debian KDE/Gnome packaging/menu policy to get the proper
>  >> subset of the packages in menu (e.g. moving Gnome/gtk applications
>  >> deeper in KDE menu and Qt/KDE - in Gnome one).
>
>  DD> But that's just the point; there is no policy.
>
> And that's the problem need to be solved, not the fd.o menu system or
> Ubuntu MOTU - misusing the spec does not give the right to anyone to
> blame spec or those who follow it.

I concur.  And I plan on working on a policy, with plenty of input from
real debian developers since I'm not one yet, but have been using
debian for many years and have commented on and off for a few.  I hope
I have enough experience to have enough of a core to be useful for real
dd's (and I am planning on becoming one, but I need to work on packages
with and sponsored by other developers first).  I'm not waiting to I
get the seal of dd to try to do useful stuff.

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore