Re: gnome, kde, xfce use non-policy main menu

On 2008-07-06, Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> wrote:
> fd.o menus are designed to allow distro-specific policy. It's the matter
> of Debian KDE/Gnome packaging/menu policy to get the proper subset of
> the packages in menu (e.g. moving Gnome/gtk applications deeper in KDE
> menu and Qt/KDE - in Gnome one).

I actually don't like this - just as I don't like the "kde" and "gnome"
package sections.

The users should have equal access to good programs.

Most people (no matter what desktop they are using) thinks that
 - amarok is better than the gnome equivalent (rythmbox?)
 - gimp is better than the kde equivalent (released versions of krita)
 - kontact and evolution - fits different to different people

At least, the KDE section seems to be a nice dumping ground for anything
that links against kdelibs - and in some cases just Qt.

/Sune