Re: Bits from Testing Security team

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:45:54 pm Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Testing Security team,
>
> thanks for the announce-mail and your work!
>
> On Wednesday 25 June 2008 11:08, Nico Golde wrote:
> > General security support for testing
> > ------------------------------------
>
> [...]
>
> > kernel.  Also, we would like to state that packages that are not
> > security supported for stable are likewise unsupported for
> > testing. This list includes all packages in contrib and non-free, as
> > well as the ones that are marked unsupported (for example,
> > kfreebsd). The maintainers are solely responsible for security and
> > there won't be any DTSAs for such packages.
>
> Where / how are packages marked as unsupported?
We just started the work on that together with Enrico. So far, we have a file
in svn called package-tags and it currently has the following content:

# In this file we keep the debtags for packages in "main"
# where special conditions apply

[etch] kfreebsd-5 <unsupported> (FreeBSD not yet supported)
[lenny] kfreebsd-6 <unsupported> (FreeBSD not yet supported)
[lenny] kfreebsd-7 <unsupported> (FreeBSD not yet supported)

Please note that atm all contrib/non-free packages are unsupported by default.

Cheers
Steffen