Re: Testing removal policy (was: Mechanism in place...)

On Sun June 29 2008 17:59:27 Frans Pop wrote:
> Again, the only things you (the release team) have managed to achieve with
> this are:
> - cosmetically improving the RC stats for testing
> - annoying developers and users

There's at least one other consequence.  Some of us pointed out
that the new release team was making a serious mistake some time
ago.  Lacking any logical arguments to defend their changes, they
simply ordered the listmaster to block critics from posting to
debian-release.

On Wed June 4 2008 13:53:58 Steve McIntyre wrote:
> We've made it abundantly clear over the years why our version
> of testing exists and how it's going to be managed. End of story.

Is the DPL a big enough man to admit he made a mistake and to
end the censorship of people who pointed up problems with the
way the new release team handles Testing?

--Mike Bird