Re: Arch-dependent Depends

Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org> writes:

> Because hypre upstream doesn't make static libs, and I got tired of
> making a new patch with every release, libhypre-dev is arch all without
> static libs.  However, it needs to depend on openmpi on some arches, and
> lam4-dev on others.  Using the same syntax as Build-Depends doesn't
> work.
>
> Is there a way to do this, or do I need to make libhypre-dev arch any
> and set the dep using substvars, even though its contents are
> arch-independent?  I notice that Policy section 7.1 provides for
> arch-dependent Build-Deps, but there's nothing similar for Depends...

There is no such syntax so you have to something else.

As you already said you can make libhypre-dev arch any and you must.

Further you have the choice of creating libhypre-dev-common containing
the shared files. But only do that if libhypre-dev-common will be
reasonably large. There is no point in the split for just
100K. ftp-master will veto if it is too small.

MfG
        Goswin