Re: Considerations for lilo removal

I am wondering if it is a good idea to remove lilo entirely. At the
moment, lilo has been pulled from testing, and the code is in a shape
Can either version of grub handle all the cases that lilo can? for example can either of them handle the situation where root is on lvm and there is not a seperate /boot partition? last I checked d-i defaulted to lilo in that situation.

If not then removing lilo will leave d-i with no ability to install a bootloader in those situations and worse leave some users with no upgrade path.