Re: Changes to the ddpo-by-mail service

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

> Raphael Geissert wrote:

>>> Agreed, specially for people or teams who maintain lots of packages.
>>>
>>> Raphael, would it be possible for you to do the same with DEHS mails?
>>
>> I really don't understand your request.
>
> I mean: whenever DEHS sends mails about new upstream releases, I get a lot
> (20 mails on may 28th) of mails in the pkg-gnome-maintainers list, one for
> each package, but when for DDPO I get just one mail with the info for all
> the packages.
>
> I think it would be nice if DDPO sent one mail to the maintainer, say once

I guess you mean s/DDPO/DEHS

> a week, instead of the current behaviour. Or otherwise if it would be
> possible to blacklist packages, as I don't think any Debian GNOME
> maintainer finds that information useful, as we are subscribed to the
> gnome-changes list and we have overview pages saying what packages are
> outdated et al.

DEHS sends the notifications to the summary PTS keyword. Only addresses
subscribed to that tag will receive the notifications.

If you don't like that behaviour please contact the PTS owners and explain
your reasons, and if a concensus is reached I will be more than happy to
send the email to a different keyword. Please refer to #356826 for more
information.

Personally, I see of little use to notify once a week instead of 'when it's
out'. But like I said, please refer to that bug report, and contact the
right party :) Very few people have complained about the current behaviour
so far.

> Cheers,
> Emilio

Cheers,