Re: Handling of removed packages

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 02:40:07PM +0200, Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
> And for me that is enough, though a automatic notification by
> aptitude, when a package is added to that category would be nice.

As of version 0.4.11, this does happen.  From the NEWS file:

  * Command-line updates in aptitude will now list packages that are
    newly obsolete.  This doesn't work when a source is removed and
    all its packages become obsolete, for technical reasons.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>