Re: Packages in section python/perl simply because implemented in python/perl

> (NOTE: Am I the only one who thinks descriptions, especially short
> descriptions as in phenny, usually shouldn't tell what language was
> used to implement the program? It's just not relevant to the user.)

I mostly agree with this. The exception would be development tools and
libraries, where the implementation language can be relevant. OTOH,
those kind of tools probably should be in the relevant section.

(I sometimes look at implementation language for user apps *if* I
expect it's something I'm going to want to hack, but at that level I can
just look at the dependencies.)

For your main point, that user apps belong in a section relevant to
their function, not their implementation, agree 100%.

Steve