Patch license

Le Mon, May 19, 2008 at 07:12:43AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> Take a bug #111, severity:serious, affecting unstable,testing,stable.
> The maintainer fixes the bug in unstable using a Debian patch. Following
> your process, the bug is now downgraded to wishlist. Meaning that RC
> #111 bug in stable suddenly became a wishlist bug. We don't want that!

Good point: severity is not versionned.

By the way (and not answering to the rest of your mail, sorry), I just
realised that some package have a more restrictive license for the
packaging than for the packaged content (typically GPL vs BSD or MIT).
Probably because of the dh_make template. Unless stated otherwise, the
patches can therefore be licenced under terms that are unwelcome
upstream. I think that when the debian packaging is not using the same
license as the patched sources, it would be necessary to specify the
license through an optional field in the header.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles