Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 01:49:36PM +0000, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Yes, there is bts-link -- I don't know how well it works having never
> been lucky enough to have an upstream with a tracker that it support, so
> far as I can tell.  Or maybe I just don't know how to use it?  My
> upstreams use RT, although I guess tf5 does use the Sourceforge tracker,
> kind of.

  There's two things to use bts-link:

  1/ check bts-link is aware of your upstream BTS (means that there is a
     small configuration step to do once and for all) and that the kind
     of BTS it uses it supported. RT isn't. Launchpad should be
     supported since yesterday thanks to Jelmer Vernooij, sf.net is
     supported as well.

  2/ mark the bugs you know have a corresponding bug on the upstream bts
     as 'forwarded' with the proper URL.

  IOW basically, just do your usual workflow, bts-link adds 0 overhead
on your work, that's exactly why it's valuable. You can see a small doc
on http://bts-link.alioth.debian.org/ about what I just said.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit