Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:

> [tracking divergence from upstream as a bug in the Debian BTS is]
> additional work. That's creepy and uninteresting work to begin with,
> its useless with proper upstreams, and is needed only for bad
> upstreams, that won't eve take a glance at all that work ever. Yay.
> That's kind of what I call bureaucracy indeed.

This, at least, is addressing the point of the proposal. Thanks.

I don't have enough experience using the BTS to interact with upstream
to comment on this, but I'll watch the responses of others (who do
have such experience) with interest.

--
 \             “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more |
  `\    complex... It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage |