Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:

> On 18/05/08 at 19:57 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > As I understand it, the proposal is to put *new* information (that
> > Debian source diverges, and exactly why) into an existing location
> > that is already a place we expect upstream to know about (the
> > Debian BTS)
>
> Huh? Upstreams knowing about the Debian BTS? Sure, in an ideal
> world, that's the case. But most upstreams don't follow the
> BTS/don't use it, simply because they don't have time to do that.

That's not what I said, though. I posited only that they know it
exists as a place to look for Debian-specific information, in the
context that it's not a *new* place for them to look for such
information.

Whether or not they actually look there isn't something we can have
much hope of enforcing, regardless of where it is.

--
 \       "Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future."  -- |
  `\                                                        Niels Bohr |