Re: How to handle Debian patches

Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> writes:

> If we're to say that we need a format such that external entities can
> easily parse it, that will need to be a standardized format, and an
> unique one. And despite what you'd like, I don't think this is git.

+1.

Saying that the plural 3.0 source formats allow Debian tools to
consume multiple package source formats is equivalent to saying that
upstream developers have no standard source format to rely on from
Debian.

It might allow interesting competition between the different source
formats, but it doesn't improve the upstream's patch interface,
because they still have to deal with a plural set of patch management
styles.

--
 \        "As soon as I get through with you, you'll have a clear case |
  `\                for divorce and so will my wife."  -- Groucho Marx |