Re: exim, local resolver, host name lookups and IPv6

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:58:24 +0000, The Fungi <fungi@yuggoth.org>
wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:41:54AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>[...]
>> Where can I obtain the FQDN of the system instead?
>[...]
>
>You can't, necessarily.

So it needs to be in /etc/hosts.

>Is there any way to simply
>*insist* the FQDN be present in the config (provided by the
>administrator via debconf or by manual editing after installation)
>and just be done with all the guessing?

I'd rather avoid this and guess the name from a central point created
during installation.

> Maybe even refuse to start
>the daemon until this is provided, with a clear error message to
>that effect?

Nosireebob, people do not read error messages but post bug reports
instead. I am not prepared to handle these.

Greetings
Marc