IPv6 stack initialization during boot (Was: Status of dependency based boot sequencing release goal 2008-03)

[Florian Weimer]
> This reminds me of an old problem: Does the network dependency
> result in initialization of the IPv6 stack?

That is up to the network enabling script to decide.  :)

At the moment, the $network virtual facility is defined to mean the
scripts networking and ifupdown.  If these script are initializing the
IPv6 stack, $network represent a working IPv6 stack.

> (IPv6 networking is NOT started at boot on etch, but the module is
> loaded automatically, which gets the worst of both worlds:
> IPv6-induced delays and no full IPv6 support out of the box.  I wish
> we could avoid thos problem for lenny.)

I hope so to.  But it is as far as I can see, not related to the
dependency based boot sequencing release goal.  This goal is about the
order of the scripts, it does not specify their behaviour.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen