Re: ITP: aptlinex -- Web browser addon to install Debian packages with a click

El mar, 11-03-2008 a las 02:21 +0900, Paul Wise escribió:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:00 AM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >  This is very interesting!  However, from that spanish screenshots, it is
> >  not totally clear to me how this works.
>
> This feature is also provided by apturl in Ubuntu:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/apturl
>
> apturl seems to use synaptic/gnome-app-install

Yes, they added that feature to Ubuntu right after Guadalinex (andalucia
distribution from a region next to Extremadura) added it to their
distribution. It was about a year after aptlinex was released in linex.

Anyway, aptlinex uses gambas, which has a nice gambas2-gb-gui component
that will automatically show a gtk/qt frontend depending on the desktop
you're using. I.E: same code, same binary will load qt or gtk libraries
to show desktop applications. So this application is a native qt
application if you're using konqueror on KDE or a native gtk application
if you're  using epiphany or iceweasel on Gnome. So I think, adding it
to Debian after three years using it in a Debian derivated distribution
is a good idea.

Cheers.
José L.